Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Slight chance of rain Saturday; weekend highs near 80. Weather
- Education: IRS report shows rough year for Shorter with loss of $6.3 million, contributions decrease and almost 200 fewer jobs over two years.Shorter
- As family, friends prepare for Kobe Thomas' funeral Saturday, Floyd Police confirm felony charges filed in his death. Kobe
- Craft beer report: Rome City Brewing samples another offering; The Foundry clears big hurdle. Wine: Uncorked 2016, benefiting Rome Symphony, is Nov. 4. Libations
- Education: Armuchee High's Michelle Arp is named Floyd County's Teacher of the Year. Teacher
- Health: Harbin Clinic's Dr. Maxwell Prempeh brings new heart procedure to Cartersville. Movie, discussion to focus on women, Alzheimer's disease. Health
- Weekend: Cardboard Challenge returns. Also: Harbin Hero Hustle, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes. Fiddlin' Fest, Euharlee Covered Bridge Festival.Events
- Remembering Mr. Nathan Lionel "Butch" Huckaby, Mrs. Phyllis Anne Hulsey Ross, Ms. Stella Rose Storey, Mr. Kobe Thomas. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Campaign watch: Election headlines; sample ballots; summary of candidate profiles. Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Pepperell vs. Rockmart wins Game of the Week votes.
- Friday night: Kickoff forecast, radio and web coverage of tonight's games. Posts today at 4 p.m.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Tennessee just isn't ready for The Tide; Ohio State to struggle? No Nos
- John McClellan's high school picks: Rome and Cartersville cruise. Pepperell by 10 over Rockmart. Model by 6 over Chattooga and Darlington by 6 over Trion. McClellan
- Berry Vikings: At Hendrix, 2 p.m. Saturday
- Shorter Hawks: At North Alabama Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Georgia Southern, Saturday at 12:30 p.m. Next: Oct. 29, homecoming vs. Duke,
- UGA: At home vs. Vanderbilt, Saturday at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join us with guests:
- 7:40 a.m.: Floyd County School Board members Chip Hood and Jay Shell on their Coosa-Armuchee bet plus board updates.
- 8:10 a.m.: Whatever happened to Capt. Douglas McClure from the Salvation Army?
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.