- Rainy weekend ahead with 50% chance of storms, high near 85.
- Later this week, we could see more showers from Tropical Storm Erika that is expected to cross in Georgia from Florida on Wednesday.
- Remembering Barry Sutton: Thousands turnout to welcome home former officer and his family. Services
- Calhoun: Harbin Clinic ribbon cutting for new offices, Construction moving quickly on new ALDI store. Calhoun
- Three men sentenced to 12 years in prison in Northwest Georgia terrorism plot to use weapons of mass destruction. Terrorism
- Members appointed to state Ad Hoc committee of Ways and Means to examine overpayment of sales tax in Floyd County. Tax
- Coosa Valley: Oak Hill special exhibit, JBM Office Solutions open house, Cartersville water update, Gordon fair and Rockmart art show. Coosa Valley
- Weekend: Final Rome Braves home stand, loft tours, brewery tours, "Drinking Habits", Catfish tournament and more. Weekend
- Rep. Katie Dempsey sworn in as member of Georgia Commission on Medical Cannabis. Dempsey
- Business: Ribbon cutting at new Wells Fargo Bank, $2,000 presented to South Rome Redevelopment. Wells Fargo
- Smile Report: Pepperell High Freshmen begin "Hand Print Pledge" project. Smile Report
- Georgia Health News: Budget focus on Medicaid growth and Hep C drugs. Health
- Obituaries: Remembering Allen Gifford, Doris Tolbert and Shirley Winston. Funerals
- Public Health restaurant inspections scores, brought to you by Dr. Miniyar Pediatrics. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Midian Roofing. CrimeWatch
- Northwest Georgia traffic conditions via Google Maps or Waze.
- Today's business headlines from Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia's best source for job leads. Click Career Builder
- High School football scoreboard.
- Berry College's Blue and White scrimmage game plays at Barron for final time before moving to Valhalla Stadium.
- Rome Braves falls 6-4 to Legends.
- Tonight: At home vs. Greenville, 6 p.m. (final homestand for season)
- Atlanta Braves lose 15-4 to New York Yankees.
- Tonight: At home vs. Yankees, 7:10 p.m. start.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition on WRGA 98.7 FM.
Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m., State Rep. Trey Kelley (R-Cedartown) on the committee reviewing the sales tax overpayment in Floyd County.
- At 8:10 a.m., Carol Willis on the Rome-Floyd poverty simulation on Sept. 3
- At 8:40 a.m., Kevin Wall with the Knights of Columbus on the Labor Day BBQ.