Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Thursday, Friday forecasts look ideal -- low to mid 70s; overnight, low 50s. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Education: Atlanta philanthropist gives $1 million for Berry College theatre. Berry
- Business: Kroger Marketplace grand opening is 10 a.m. Oct. 5. Wing Me Up opens up in Calhoun. Business
- Buzz: Forum on skate park Oct. 19. Road improvements under way. Notary training set for two sessions on Oct. 6. Buzz
- Georgia students see rise in traditional SAT scores; we have the school-by-school score and count on test-takers. Education
- Education: Josh Hart from West End Elementary earns first place honors in the Fall Sixth Grade Berry College Mathematics Contest. Education
- Georgia Health News: Rural hospitals see ray of hope in tax credits. Health
- Remembering Mr. Harold P. Crawford, Mr. Reginald Dwain Petty, Mr. Daniel Porter, Mr. Tracy Lee Snyder, Mrs. Sara Adams Wood. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Busy weekly soccer report.
- High schools ready for rivalry Friday; for Model, '79 champs reunion.
- Berry Vikings: At Washington (Mo.), 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Shorter Hawks: Home Thursday at 7 p.m. vs. West Alabama.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Week 6 picks coming this week.
- Georgia High School Football Daily:
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Next picks due Friday morning.
- Georgia Tech: Next up: Miami at home, noon Saturday.
- UGA: Ole Miss pounds Dogs. Next: Home Saturday vs. Tennessee, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Braves: At home vs. Phillies today-Thursday.
- Atlanta Falcons: Home Sunday vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Charles Love of the North Rome community on the bid to move the recycling center.
- 8:40 a.m.: Willie Green III, Floyd County's election supervisor, on what to know as we get closer to the Nov. 8 election.