Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Mostly low 80s throughout the weekend with a slight chance of rain overnight Friday. Weather
- First look at September employment reports for Northwest Georgia. Jobs
- Business: Offbeat Boards & Bikes coming to Second Avenue just below Broad. Halex Corp. career fair in Calhoun on Tuesday. Rome's downtown board meeting moves to Oct. 20. Business
- Campaign watch: Election headlines; links to local candidate profiles, video forums, sample ballots. Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Berry's nursing program granted full approval by the Georgia Board of Nursing through 2020. Health
- Weekend: Cardboard Challenge returns (see student examples). Also: Harbin Hero Hustle, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes. Fiddlin' Fest. Weekend
- Creepy Crawly Night tonight at the E.C.O. Center. West Central, Dempsey mark Pre-K Week. Emergency preparedness fair is Saturday. Buzz
- Georgia Health News: $110 million for Medicaid - and some hard choices on where it goes. Health
- Remembering Mr. James Douglas Bowers, Mrs. Mary Helen Stokes Byars, Mr. L. C. Hampton, Mr. Dennis Merrill Knight, Janice Christine Matula. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Paulding County man charged with midday robbery of Renasant Bank at 420 Old Mill Road in Cartersville. Robbery
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles. Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Final hours to vote in Pepperell vs. Rockmart, Rome vs. Cass for both contests to earn Game of the Week status.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Rome and Cartersville cruise. Pepperell by 10 over Rockmart. Model by 6 over Chattooga and Darlington by 6 over Trion. McClellan
- Berry Vikings: At Hendrix, 2 p.m. Saturday
- Shorter Hawks: At North Alabama Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Georgia Southern, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: At home vs. Vanderbilt, Saturday at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join us with guests:
- 7:40 a.m.: Andrea Pitts of Redmond Regional Medical Center on Ladies Night Out on Oct. 20.
- 8:10 a.m.: Ben Winkelman from the E.C.O. Center on tonight's Creepy Crawly program from 6-8 p.m.
- 8:40 a.m.: Jim Alred of Harbin Clinic with a final look at the Harbin Hero Classic set for Saturday in downtown Rome. $1,000 is on the line for five area nonprofits in what will be a classic lineup of heroes and villains from the comic book world.