Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Latest drought update shows Rome 12.17 inches below normal. Some rain back in forecast for later next week. Forecast
- Pregnancy Center of Rome changes name with addition of ultrasound services. Grand opening to feature Tebow guest. Haven Health
- AJC: Kobe Thomas was trying to jump the car to imitate NBA star Kobe Bryant. Police report released today gives more detail on accident.Thomas
- Education: GNTC launching new Chemical Technology program to train lab technicians in NW Georgia. GNTC
- Buzz: Peach State Marching Festival returns next Saturday with 31 bands across two states. Floyd Master Gardeners participating at Chiaha. Buzz
- Great turnout to 'Walk a Mile in Her Shoes' to march against domestic violence. Walk
- Unity Christian School partners with local restaurants to feed more than 350 law enforcement and firemen during appreciation event. Unity
- Your guide to busy weekend in NW Georgia: Hero Hustle, Euharlee Covered Bridge Festival, Fiddlin' Fest, Wagon Train and more. Calendar
- Education: Darlington hosts former Secretary of Navy, William Bell for special Honor Speaker Series. Education
- Remembering Gilbert Arnold Fowler, Jack Ledbetter, Robert Durand Sutton, Horacio Vail and John Wimbley. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Campaign watch: Election headlines; sample ballots; summary of candidate profiles. Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Friday night scores: Big wins for Rome, Pepperell, Darlington, Coosa, Armuchee, Cartersville. Scoreboard
- Preseason updates from Shorter Lady Hawks basketball.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Tennessee just isn't ready for The Tide; Ohio State to struggle? No Nos
- John McClellan's high school picks: How did John pick 'em this week? McClellan
- Berry Vikings: At Hendrix, 2 this afternoon.
- Shorter Hawks: At North Alabama Saturday at 7 tonight.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Georgia Southern at 12:30 p.m. this afternoon. Next: Oct. 29, homecoming vs. Duke,
- UGA: At home vs. Vanderbilt, today at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Ira Levy on the annual Deli Day coming to Rodeph Sholom Congregation on Nov. 9.
- 8:40 a.m.: Richard Dixon from Rome High School on Peach State Marching Festival on Oct. 22.