Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Fall is finally in the air! Beautiful weekend ahead with sunshine, high near 78 today. Forecast
Latest local headlines:
- Perfect timing: Cooler temps arrive just in time for 'Fall's Finest Festival' as Coosa Valley Fair opens Tuesday. Fair
- Tourism impact study on Floyd County shows 3% rise in expenditures. Tourism
- Latest indictments from Floyd County Grand Jury. Indictments
- Buzz: Carterville Chamber names new Community Development Director, 'Tree Walk on the River' workshop, new youth hunting area opens Oct. 8, upcoming events at Berry College. Buzz
- Weekend: Mountain Day, Great Locomotive Chase, NAMI Walk Rome, Duck Dash and more. Calendar
- Education: Photo gallery of Anna K. Davie students touring Georgia Highlands College. Education
- Education: Floyd County Schools Activity Messenger for Oct. 3-15. Activities
- Rome Noon Optimist Club honors members for service during awards banquet. Awards
- Georgia Health News: Another health insurer leaves Georgia exchange. Health
- Remembering James Clemmons, Dorothy Kate Stewart Reynolds and Andrew "Tree" Smith. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Shorter Hawks: Next: Clark Atlanta at Barron Stadium, 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
- Berry Vikings: At Washington (Mo.), 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Friday night scoreboard: Wins for Rome, Pepperell, Coosa, Cartersville, Calhoun, Rockmart. Darlington falls in OT. Scoreboard
- John McClellan's high school picks: How did John pick 'em? McClellan
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Dawgs lose two in a row; Tech loses to ex-Dawg coach. No-Nos
- Georgia Tech: Next up: Miami at home, noon today.
- UGA: Next: Home today vs. Tennessee, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Braves: Tigers in today-Sunday (end of season).
- Atlanta Falcons: Home Sunday vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 8:10 a.m.: Mindy Quinn, marketing manager of Blood Assurance, with updates on critical shortages and the new Facebook page for Rome donors.
- 8:40 a.m.: Jose Santamaria, executive director of Tellus Science Museum, on Heavy Metal in Motion set for Saturday.