Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Beautiful week ahead with sunshine and temps in mid-80's. Forecast
Latest local headlines:
- Business: Las Palmas moving in Cartersville. Kroger's new gas station now open at Marketplace ahead of Wednesday's store opening. Business
- Mountain Day: Thousands of Berry Alumni pack campus for weekend festivities. Berry
- This week: Fall break, Coosa Valley Fair, Kroger Marketplace opens in Cartersville, job fair, Chili Cookoff and Heavy Metal in Motion. Agenda
- Weekend: Pumpkins arrive at Trinity UMC today. Great Locomotive Chase, Annual Life Chain, Peter and the Star Catcher and Blessing of the Animals. Calendar
- Remembering Angela D. Griffin, Andrew "Tree" David Smith, Ruby June Hobgood Smith, Vivian Davis Strain and Brian Keith Wells. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Berry Vikings: Berry falls 34-10 at Washington (Mo.). Next: At home vs. Chicago, Saturday at noon.
- Shorter Hawks: Next: Clark Atlanta at Barron Stadium, 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
- John McClellan's high school picks: New picks coming Monday.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: How did Norman do? No-Nos
- Georgia Tech: Tech falls 35-21 to Miami. Next: At Pittsburgh, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: Georgia stunned in final play as Tennessee wins 34-31 with 'Hail Mary' pass. Next: At South Carolina, Saturday.
- Atlanta Braves: Tigers in today. (end of season).
- Atlanta Falcons: Home Sunday vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 8:10 a.m.: Mindy Quinn, marketing manager of Blood Assurance, with updates on critical shortages and the new Facebook page for Rome donors.
- 8:40 a.m.: Jose Santamaria, executive director of Tellus Science Museum, on Heavy Metal in Motion set for Saturday.