Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Weekend starts with mid 70s, back to mid 80s on Sundays. Overnight: Low 50s. Weather
Today's local headlines:
- Business: A week after fuel line restored, gas prices remain around 20 cents above where they were on Sept. 13. Some outages as fall break begins. Gas
- Drought worsens and things don't look good through Dec. 31. Rome's rainfall totals are off by 10.71 inches; Cartersville, 5.03 inches. Drought
- Buzz: Trinity UMC's Pumpkin Patch opens Monday. Floyd County Master Gardeners returning to Chiaha Oct. 22-23. Buzz
- Education: Honors for Darlington Dean of College Guidance Sam Moss. Highlands offers classes with local schools. Education
- Weekend: Berry's Mountain Day celebrations, a Peter Pan story you won't believe, Duck Dash, NAMI walk and locomotive chase. Weekend
- Remembering Mr. Harold P. Alexander, Howard Steve Anderson, Mrs. Irene Martha Gravitte Hicks, Mrs. Barbara Ann Lowe. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Dawgs lose two in a row; Tech loses to ex-Dawg coach. No No
- Posting at 5 p.m.: Friday night scoreboard: Updates throughout the night and final scores. Also: Your kickoff forecast. Scoreboard
- Shorter Hawks lose 43-28: Next: Clark Atlanta at Barron Stadium, 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
- Berry Vikings: At Washington (Mo.), 7 p.m. Saturday.
- John McClellan's high school picks: 'Most important night' this season -- Pepperell by 1 over Model. Rome by 2 over Carrollton. Darlington by 11 over Mt. Zion. Cartersville, Calhoun cruise. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily
- Georgia Tech: Next up: Miami at home, noon Saturday.
- UGA: Next: Home Saturday vs. Tennessee, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Braves: Tigers in today-Sunday (end of season).
- Atlanta Falcons: Home Sunday vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m. High school rivalry day as Floyd County School Board members Chip Hood (Armuchee) and Jay Shell (Coosa) have a smackoff on who will win tonight. Your referee: Dr. John Jackson, superintendent of Floyd County Schools.
- 8:10 a.m.: Andrea Pitts on the pageants at next week's Coosa Valley Fair. Joining her: Miss Rome.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.