Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 74. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Through community and private investment, North Rome is getting a new look. What's next: Moving the recycling center? North Rome
- Georgia Supreme Court arguments set for Monday in Bartow's 'Stop the Dump' case. Supreme court
- Chief Bill Shiflett commends Scott Weaver for helping injured officer: 'Scott, using his bloody hand, held the bloody hand of Officer Broome the whole time while the medics worked on Officer Broome.' Scott Weaver
- Business: August looks like a good month for the Greater Rome Board of Realtors. The debut of the 'Brew Dog.' Business
- Buzz: School Board meets Oct. 13. Job fair a week away. Rome roundtable on 'fracking' is Wednesday. 'Free Dump Day' for Lindale Oct. 15. Buzz
- Weekend: Berry's Mountain Day celebrations, a Peter Pan story you won't believe, Duck Dash, NAMI walk and locomotive chase. Weekend
- Remembering Mr. Robert 'Paw Paw Vick' Vuckovich. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Shorter Hawks: Home tonight at 7 vs. West Alabama.
- Berry Vikings: At Washington (Mo.), 7 p.m. Saturday.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Week 6 picks.
- Georgia High School Football Daily:
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Next picks due Friday morning.
- Georgia Tech: Next up: Miami at home, noon Saturday.
- UGA: Next: Home Saturday vs. Tennessee, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Braves: At home vs. Phillies today; Tigers in town Friday-Sunday (end of season).
- Atlanta Falcons: Home Sunday vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Bill Shiflett, Floyd County Chief of Police, on his commendation for the work done by Scott Weaver thet night Officer Brandon Broome was injured in a horrific collision.
- 8:10 a.m.: Dr. Brian Carroll, chair of communication at Berry College and avid baseball fan, on the 2016 Atlanta Braves -- and what's next.
- 8:40 a.m.: Willie Green III, Floyd County's elections supervisor, on absentee and advance voting as well as where to vote early this fall.