Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Rain chance picks up, temperature goes down (a bit) starting Thursday. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Business: Ginger's Dollings to ease out of business in January after 30 years; eighth retailer to close. Ginger's
- Bonez & Gristles ending Dean Avenue restaurant service. Dining
- 220 acres in Adairsville, with space for 3.5 million square feet under roof, being marketed. Growth
- Georgia earns top billing again as best state for doing business just as NCR, Honeywell announce 2,600 jobs, $164 million in investment. Business
- Inaugural US Bicycle Route 21 to cruise to Summerville, Floyd, Cave Spring, Rockmart and then to Atlanta Friday-Sunday. BRAG
- Health: Dr. Bethany Jackson named Medical Director for Floyd Medical Center's school nurse program serving city, county schools. Health
- Buzz: Berry College Student Enterprises' Fall Farmer's Market is this Saturday. Goodwill job fairs in Rome, Cartersville next week. Polk County Fair is under way. Buzz
- Georgia Health News: State again ranks high in rate of uninsured (13.9%) Health
- Remembering Carl Wayland Burkhalter, Ms. Alecia Darlenne Cammon, Mrs. Delores A. Loftin, Elizabeth Ann Wortman. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. 60/U for Gordon County restaurant. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves even championship series 1-1 with 6-1 win over Lakewood Tuesday night.
- Next: Braves at the Blueclaws Thursday at 7 (game three).
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host the Marlins today.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Model, Darlington, Cartersville, Calhoun all should win easily. McClellan
- Latest high school updates including Football Daily.
- Berry College: At Rhodes, 2 p.m. Saturday. Roster | Schedule | Gameday
- Shorter University: At home vs. Florida Tech, Saturday at 7 p.m. /
- UGA: At Missouri, Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Vanderbilt, 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Oakland Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Rome parent Chris Carey who's been named to the state schools superintendent's parent advisory council and the person who nominated him, Ginger Rowston, the Parent Involvement Coordinator for Rome City Schools.
- 8:10 a.m.: Franklin Johnson, executive director of Bicycle Ride Across Georgia (BRAG), joins us to talk about US Bicycle 21 which will pass through Northwest Georgia Friday through Sunday including overnight stops in Summerville and Rockmart.
- 8:40 a.m.: Greg Howard and colleagues from Berry College Student Enterprises on the Fall Farmers' Market this Saturday from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m.