Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Highs to hover around 90 with our chances of rain drying up a bit. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Even as ticket sales slide to a record low at home, the Rome Braves are two games away from another league championship. 2016
- Dining: Panera in Cartersville to feature drive-through, could open by late November. St. Angelo's Pizza now serving at LakePoint. Freebie alert: Queso! Dining
- Billy Sparks is the new superior court judge for the Rome Judicial Circuit. Sparks
- Politics: Graves co-chairing Trump-Pence team's Georgia delegation. Court: Cell phones welcome on Monday -- with stipulations. Buzz
- Business: Georgia tourism just shy of $60 billion last year. Booth Museum, Cartersville tourism executive honored. Tourism
- Education: Feedback session on new 'Every Student Succeeds Act' is Oct. 17. More honors for Viking Fusion. Darlington's Moss nominated for Counselor Advisory Board. Education
- Weekend: Rome International Film Festival, Roman Rumble, Cartersville Pub Crawl, Berry farmer's market, Rose Lawn arts festival. What's up
- New group, Northwest Georgia Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, seeks colleagues to continue the mission here. Join
- Georgia Health News: More legislators question need for consultants on rural hospital donations. Health
- Remembering Mrs. Martha Ann Gowens Matthews, Mrs. Lenora Petty, Mrs. Elizabeth Ann Baker Wortman. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves at the Blueclaws tonight at 7 (game three; series tied 1-1).
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' 2016 photo gallery.
- Pepperell graduate Dakota Ball getting Alabama fans' attention.
- Atlanta Braves: Off today, host Nationals Friday-Sunday.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Model, Darlington, Cartersville, Calhoun all should win easily. McClellan
- Latest high school updates including Football Daily.
- Berry College: At Rhodes, 2 p.m. Saturday. Roster | Schedule | Gameday
- Shorter University: At home vs. Florida Tech, Saturday at 7 p.m. /
- UGA: At Missouri, Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Vanderbilt, 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Oakland Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Tony McIntosh, who just wrapped his second year as public address announcer for the Rome Braves, on what this season has been like and what we can expect from this club as it faces the Blueclaws in Lakewood starting tonight.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Nicholle Harrison on a new group she's assembling, the Returned Peace Corps Volunteers in Northwest Georgia.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Dr. Ed McBride, Harbin Clinic chief medical officer, who with attorney Bob Berry will present a free seminar this evening about the critical need to have an advance directive.