Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Low 90s all weekend with a 40% chance of rain on Sunday. Weather
- How hot was it? 98 in Rome on Thursday and a record-tying 96 in Cartersville. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Health: Tyler West, described as 'unrelenting despite several surgeries and medical obstacles,' battles cystic fibrosis while insisting on helping others. Health
- 'Heroes Assemble!' in great trailer for Harbin Hero Hustle, complete with a surprise clip at the end. Hustle
- Education: Aflac CEO Dan Amos to speak at Berry's Wright Integrity in Leadership Lecture Sept. 29. Education
- Weekend: Rome International Film Festival, Roman Rumble, Cartersville Pub Crawl, Berry farmer's market, Rose Lawn arts festival. Weekend
- Remembering Mr. Joseph Glover "Joe" Meeks, Mrs. Stephanie Orr. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves win 2-0 vs. Blueclaws in Lakewood, a win away from the 2016 South Atlantic League championship.
- Rome Braves at the Blueclaws tonight at 7:05 (game four).
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' 2016 photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host Nationals today-Sunday.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Model, Darlington, Cartersville, Calhoun all should win easily. McClellan
- Friday night football: Your links to radio, web coverage, predicted scores and weather forecast. Friday night
- Georgia High School Football Daily
- Norman's No-Nos: 'Noles eke one out, Tide rolls and Georgia wins an SEC game. No Nos
- Berry College: At Rhodes, 2 p.m. Saturday. Roster | Schedule | Gameday
- Shorter University: At home vs. Florida Tech, Saturday at 7 p.m. /
- UGA: At Missouri, Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Vanderbilt, 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Oakland Sunday.
- Latest updates on local soccer results and a look at some of this weekend's showdowns. Soccer
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: John McClellan on the high school football season as some teams reach the midpoint of the 2016 season.
- 8:10 a.m.: Kevin Karel, who does Rome Braves play-by-play 99.5 FM The Jock, recaps Thursday's game from Lakewood and what to expect tonight. Hear Kevin's game call tonight at 7:05 p.m.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA news roundtable.