Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- 81 days of 90-plus degree days in Rome this summer, 72 in Cartersville. 'Only' 89 today, Wednesday. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Dining: Jack's opens Wednesday in Armuchee as fast food rush continues. Also: Freebie alert; restaurant updates. Dining
- Health: Redmond Regional earned cardiology award. Floyd's Primary Care Network honored. Thursday seminar to look at why advance directives are critical. Health
- Georgia Health News: Zika, cancer on agenda at Health Connect South. Health
- Education: Rome parent Chris Carey appointed to Georgia Superintendent's Parent Advisory Committee; joins Bartow's Paul Bennett. Education
- Education: Floyd Schools observe National Arts in Education week; have expanded offerings this school year. Schools
- Buzz: Everett Springs Road bridge now open. Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling set for Saturday. New auto showroom hosts after hours. Geek Week, other events on chamber calendar. Buzz
- Remembering Louise T. Collett, Ms. Nancy Carole Fowler Echols, Mrs. Lenora Petty, Mr. Bobby Rogers, Rev. Bobby R. Stephens. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. 46/U for mobile food unit in Floyd. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves fall 5-0 in opening game with Lakewood (best of five series).
- NextL Braves vs. the Blueclaws tonight at 7 (game two).
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host the Marlins today-Wednesday.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Model, Darlington, Cartersville, Calhoun all should win easily. McClellan
- Latest high school updates including Football Daily.
- Honors for Berry's Austin Lowe.
- Berry College: At Rhodes, 2 p.m. Saturday. Roster | Schedule | Gameday
- Shorter University: At home vs. Florida Tech, Saturday at 7 p.m. /
- UGA: At Missouri, Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Vanderbilt, 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Oakland Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Ernie 'The Kman' Studard joins us to compare the 2016 Rome Braves to the South Atlantic League champion 2003 Braves.
- 8:10 a.m.: Michael Skeen, Floyd County Public Works director, on Saturday's Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling Event at the Recycling Center at 405 Watters St.