Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- 60% chance of rain by Thursday; 50% Friday. Highs in the low 90s. Weather
- Business: Main Street Marketplace just about ready in Cartersville. Photo package shows Freddy's, Kroger Marketplace, other new tenants. Business
- Job fairs today through Friday across Northwest Georgia. Jobs
- Buzz: High School Leadership Rome XXIX under way. Archbishop to install new Saint Mary's pastor tonight. Buzz
- Education: School Night for Scouting sign-ups begin this week. School-by-school schedule for area counties. Scouts
- Remembering Ms. Eloise Lovenia Cammon, Keith Corbin Hopkins, Mr. Marshall Shelton. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores returns. 61 for Asian restaurant in Rome. Dining
- Three charged in five-state, $100,000 theft ring tied to outlet malls, including those in Calhoun and Woodstock. Thefts
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school football report: Season opening wins for Darlington, Calhoun, Adairsville; Cartersville to fall to Allatoona; rough night for Rockmart, Cedartown. Click McClellan
- Cartersville vs. Allatoona: How to buy tickets online; webcast available Friday night.
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves were off Monday. At home vs. Hagerstown, today-Thursday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Off Monday. At home vs. Minnesota, today-Wednesday.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Billy Fricks, an associate pastor at Pleasant Valley South Baptist Church, on efforts to gather relief supplies for flood-ravaged residents of Louisiana.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Mike Dunn, general manager of the Rome Braves, as the team makes a late-season playoff push and returns to Rome for a three-game set starting tonight.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Randall McCord talks some high school football history and his book, The Cotton Picking Centre Warriors.