Never a pay wall or pop-up promotions. Just the news when and how you want it at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Ware Mechanical forecast: Storm threat starts today, lasts through Sunday. Highs still in the 90s. Weather
- Business: Kauffman Tire sets grand opening date; business completes something of a makeover of Turner McCall and Martha Berry. Business
- Business: voestalpine Automotive Body Parts Inc. expanding in Bartow County, adding 150 jobs and investing $50 million. voestalpine
- Updated: Pleasant Valley South Baptist Church collecting relief supplies for Louisiana. YMCA a drop point for donated goods to help with another recovery effort. Relief
- Education: About 1,000 more Floyd County students getting lunch as program expands to offer morning, midday meals for free. Education
- Education: Four area students earn Synovus' Jack Parker Scholarships. Georgia Highlands welcomes 21 new faculty members. Education
- Health: Lori Custer named Harbin Clinic's Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Privacy Officer. Health
- Buzz: It's popcorn sales time again for area Scouts. NAMI rally is Monday evening. Early bird special for chamber Expo booths ends Aug. 31. Buzz
- Georgia Health News: Another big defection from Georgia exchange, further limiting Affordable Healthcare Act options. Health
- Remembering Mary D Wright. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school football report: Season opening wins for Darlington, Calhoun, Adairsville; Cartersville to fall to Allatoona; rough night for Rockmart, Cedartown. Click McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves win 4-1 over Hagerstown. Today: At home vs. Hagerstown, also Thursday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At home vs. Minnesota, today-Wednesday.
- Local soccer updates.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
- Former Shorter Hawk Paul Chelimo starts his Olympic run Wednesday. Chelimo
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Tressa Baggett and her husband, Harbin Clinic Cardiologist Dr. Charles Baggett, are heading a donation drive to help the victims of the Louisiana floods. The Baggetts are from Louisiana, have friends and relatives who have been touched by the recent flooding, endured Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and want to give back. Tressa joins us live at 7:40.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Brian Robinson with Robinson Republic on the impact of the Trump campaign on the other Republicans "down ballot" including U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Jennifer Hazelton, communications director for Donald Trump's presidential team in Georgia, on the state now being listed as a 'toss up' for the Nov. 8 general election.