Never a pay wall or pop-up promotion. Just the news when and how you want it at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Thunderstorms likely throughout the weekend; highs around 90. Weather
- Business: Another former Kmart falls as Academy announces Florence, Ala., store. No plans announced for Rome -- at least now. Kmart
- Jobs: First look at the July employment report for Northwest Georgia. Jobs
- Supporters 'hashing' it out before tonight's #harbinherochallenge deadline. Leaders: Summit Quest, Hospitality House, YMCA, Harbor House, Open Door Home. Hashtag time
- Gordon sheriff: Ellijay woman dies after fleeing car runs off road, crashes; second passenger hospitalized. Fatality
- Health: Redmond reaches settlement over concerns about hearing-impaired, to pay $50,000. Second such case here in 10 months. Redmond
- Weekend: Forever Plaid at the DeSoto; Rome Celebrity Dance Challenge Saturday night; community health initiative that morning. Weekend
- Forget Pokemon: The critter you want to track -- or avoid -- on your lawn is the dreaded armyworm. Mickler column
- Remembering Mr. Thomas Hunter, Leon Parker Lupton, Mr. Marshall Van Shelton, Mrs. Mary D. Wright. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school football report: Season opening wins for Darlington, Calhoun, Adairsville; Cartersville to fall to Allatoona; rough night for Rockmart, Cedartown. Click McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves announced 2017 schedule; home opener April 13. Schedule
- Rome Braves double header tonight vs. Hagerstown. First pitch: 5 p.m.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host Nationals today through Sunday.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
- Former Shorter Hawk Paul Chelimo will run for the gold on Saturday night.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- At 8:10 a.m. Erin Hernandez, executive vice president at Northwest Georgia Regional Cancer Coalition, on Saturday's Health Initiative for Men Plus (women, too).
- At 8:40 a.m.: Frank Stephenson, Professor of Economics and chair at Berry College.