For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
- Chick-fil-A Dwarf House Sports extra: Those Friday night lights have never been brighter: Rome Wolves vs. Buford at 4:30 p.m. Everything you need to know: Dome info, local watching parties plus listen to 'Rome to the Dome.' Wolves
- Get our free text with the final score. Sign up for HometownText. Just text HometownText to 313131 and follow instructions. Opt out at any time.
- Ware Mechanical update: Wind chills in the upper teens now through 8 a.m. Today's high: 41. Low of 21 tonight. Weather
- Reports: Shorter Athletic Director Kim Graham out after 19 months; was hired amid exodus of longtime coaches, sports administrators. Hawks
- Weekend: More Christmas celebrations, Into the Woods, Our Lady of Guadalupe festival and procession. Weekend
- Buzz (in under 100 words): Vince Dooley in town Wednesday. School Board members sworn in Tuesday. Updates from Georgia Northwestern, Highlands, Shorter. Buzz
- Your updated guide to Christmas parades, concerts, church services and festive performances across Northwest Georgia. Christmas
- Georgia Health News: State identifies rural hospitals in biggest need of donation help. Polk Medical ranked no. 11. Health
- Remembering Grover C. Collins, Mr. William Darden, Mrs. Juanita S. Lanier, Mrs. Sandra Lee Meeler. Obituaries
- No new Public Health restaurant inspection scores from Thurdsay. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crimewatch
- Christmas Headlines: Your guide to parades, concerts and more this season. Click Christmas
Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's state championship picks: Rome by 3 over Buford; Cartersville by 11 over Thomson. McClellan
- 5A State Championship: Rome vs. Buford, today at 4:30 p.m., Georgia Dome.
- 4A State Championship: Cartersville vs. Thomson, Saturday at 4:30 pm., Georgia Dome.
- What you need to know if going to The Dome.
- Georgia High School Football updates.
- No 'No Nos' this week: Norman Arey's column returns later this month with his 10 locks to lose in the country's biggest bowl games.
- Bowls: Georgia Tech is headed to Jacksonville to play Kentucky at 11 a.m. Dec. 31. UGA: The Bulldogs vs. TCU in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, noon Friday, Dec. 30.
- Atlanta Falcons: Sunday at L.A. Rams, 4:30 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests today including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Mike Beavers, the voice of the Rome Wolves, what it has been like to watch this season from the press box for all 14 games (and counting).
- 8:10 a.m.: David Dundee of Tellus Science Museum on the passing of Mercury 7 astronaut and statesman John Glenn.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.