For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- More smoke possible today, high near 68. Slight chance of rain late Friday. Weather
- More smoke, more unhealthy air due today as drought gets worse. A hint of rain Friday night, Saturday. Latest updates. (See health news below)
- Business: Fricks' building update -- boutique hotel? Speed Networking this evening at the chamber; development authority meeting there at 8 this morning. Business
- Education: 15 Floyd County Schools students advance to next round in Governor's Honors selection process. Honors
- Georgia Health News: Smoke from wildfires triggers increase in ER visits for asthma in Dalton, Gainesville, Jaspar, metro Atlanta. GHN
- Remembering Mrs. Annie Lee Goss Bridges, Mrs. Doris Sears, Marguerite B. Terhune. Obituaries
- More honors for the Allatoona Lake Project, including partnership with Berry College. Allatoona
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school playoff picks: 4 of 8 Northwest Georgia teams to advance to the third round (one loss will surprise most). McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Virginia, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: At home vs. Louisiana-Lafayette, Saturday at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: Off this Sunday. Next: Nov. 27, home vs. Cardinals, 1 p.m., Fox.
- Weekly soccer updates.
- This week's basketball tournaments have special intentions.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No-Nos: 10 college football locks to lose coming Friday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Lisa Acree, Nurse Practitioner and Lung Navigator for Redmond Regional Medical Center, and marketing director Andrea Pitts on breathing concerns in unhealthy air such as the smoke spewing our way from the North Georgia fires.
- 8:10 a.m.: David Mathis, assistant director of athletics at Georgia Highlands College, on this week's Dana Davis Classic, named after GHC's late college relations director who was a huge fan of the Chargers and Lady Chargers.