For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Dry week ahead; only chance of rain is Friday night, Saturday. Weather
- The Foundry Growler Station sets opening date of Nov. 22 as downtown Rome continues to rise as a 'destination' for craft beer lovers. Beer
- 'Exceptional' drought costly for local farmers, firefighters, property owners and taxpayers. What's worse: No end in sight. Fire danger
- Business. The Fricks buildings: Valued at more than $1.2 million, someone is doubling down on the success of downtown Rome. What's next
- Gorgeous 'super moon' photos from Myrtle Hill by Mills Fitzner. Photos.
- It's super moon -- the largest moon you'll see between now and 2034. Super moon
- Buzz: With the dream of a new Davies shelter now realized, Trask leaving for position in Asheville, N.C. Davies
- Remembering Ms.. Betty Jane Elliott Clarke, Mr. William Marion Kent Sr., Mrs. Betty Jean King Null, Joe Frank 'Buster' Tudor. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school playoff picks: 4 of 8 Northwest Georgia teams to advance to the third round (one loss will surprise most). McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Berry Vikings: No post-season for the 9-1 division co-champions after all.
- Shorter Hawks: Season ends 0-11.
- Georgia Tech: Next: At home vs. Virginia, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: Next: At home vs. Louisiana-Lafayette, Saturday at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: 1 p.m. Sunday at Eagles on Fox.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No-Nos: 10 college football locks to lose coming Friday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Dr. John Jackson, superintendent of Floyd County Schools, on the rise of high school graduation rates.
- 8:10 a.m.: Scott Moody on this Saturday's Noon Optimist Club pancake breakfast at Rome Civic Center, from 6 a.m.-noon.