For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- We could see our first freeze overnight Saturday; cool, dry weekend ahead. Weather
- Local election snapshot: Republicans, women, incumbents dominate as turnout soars into the 70s. What it all means. Elections
- A total outdoor burning ban is now in effect for all of Floyd County following a vote Tuesday by the Floyd County Commission. Total fire ban in effect for Chattahoochee and Oconee national forests. Fire ban
- Buzz: 'Holiday Tour of Historic Houses of Worship' is Dec. 3. Big weekend for 4-Hers. Friends of the Library auction. Buzz
- Health: Dr. Tyler Dubs joins Redmond Physician Services Group. Reminder: Shine a Light On Lung Cancer is Thursday. Health
- Business: Honors, trip for Equipment Outlet of Rome. Successful job fair at Chattahoochee Tech's Acworth campus. Business
- Remembering: Mrs. Ida Marguerite "Peggy" Saville Leiter, Mr. J.R. Stone. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. 66 for a Chattooga County restaurant. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school playoff picks: Six area teams survive first round of playoffs. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves, Floyd Police golf tournament Friday; Wiffle Ball returns Saturday.
- Berry Vikings: At Centre, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks: At Valdosta State, Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At Virginia Tech, Saturday, 3:30 p.m.
- UGA: At home vs. Auburn, Saturday, time TBA.
- Atlanta Falcons: 1 p.m. Sunday at Eagles on Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Dr. Frank Stephenson, chair of economics at Berry College, on the 2016 election and what's next.
- 8:10 a.m.: Brian Robinson of Robinson Republic on what just happened on Nov. 8 and why -- and what's next.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.