For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Sunny, dry and 73. Great day to vote; bad day for outside burning. Weather
- Polls open until 7 tonight. What you need to know about today. Updates from the precincts. Where to get tonight's results. Election
- Candidate profiles: On our home page today, you'll find updates on all five local races as well as the school takeover amendment. Hometown
- Rome City Brewing gets final permit, to pour starting this evening at 5 at Brewhouse. Craft beer
- Business: Ballenger's restaurant, nine other family properties up for auction Nov. 18. Sonic in West Rome to close for $250,000 renovation. Business
- Veterans Day to be observed with return of Flame of Freedom, Myrtle Hill service. 11th Day
- Revised Floyd County Schools' combined graduation rate sets record. Graduation
- Education: Alto Park Elementary tops in attendance gain. Georgia Northwestern receives nearly $450,000 in funds for training. Education
- Georgia Health News: Treating election-related anxiety (or why didn't we think of this story months ago?) Health
- Remembering Ida Marguerite Leiter, George Terry Potts Jr., Elio Rafael Sanchez. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
Final look at local candidates, issues:
- Proposed amendment would drastically change how Georgia deals with trouble schools. Debate is over state control vs. local control. Schools
- Floyd County Board of Education: Click School Board
- Floyd County District Attorney's race: Click district attorney's race.
- Floyd County Commission, Post 3. Click commission.
- Floyd County Coroner. Click coroner
- Floyd County Clerk of Courts. Click Clerk.
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- (Updated) John McClellan's high school playoff picks: Six area teams survive first round of playoffs. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Latest soccer updates.
- Big Friday, Saturday for Rome Braves, fans.
- Shorter women's basketball.
- Berry Vikings: At Centre, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks: At Valdosta State, Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At Virginia Tech, Saturday, 3:30 p.m.
- UGA: At home vs. Auburn, Saturday, time TBA.
- Atlanta Falcons: 1 p.m. Sunday at Eagles on Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:10 a.m.: Hannah Payne and Carson Earnest from Unity Christian School on the 2106 presidential election. They joined us at the start of the presidential primary season and today we'll talk about their observations of the entire process.
- 7:40 a.m.: Barbara Earle and Lisa Acree from Redmond Regional Medical Center on Shine a Light on Lung Cancer set for 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Town Green.
- 8:40 a.m.: Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp on today's vote and tonight's vote count.