Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Slight chance of rain today; gusts to 30 mph by Saturday from Matthew. Weather
- Deadly Hurricane Matthew slams Florida; Georgia's coastal communities next? Continuing coverage all day. Matthew
- Dining & Drink: Deli Day returns Nov. 9. Rome City Brewery's Clocktower IPA, others a permit away. The Foundry's 30 taps installed, almost ready.Crafted
- It's official: Superior Court Judge William F. 'Billy' Sparks. Judge
- Latest from the Coosa Valley Fair: Busy Friday includes concert at 7 p.m.Fair
- Weekend: Heavy Metal in Motion returns to Tellus; Coosa Valley Fair; chili cookout; veterans memorial service, 'Paddle Through History.' Weekend
- Unity Christian School saying thanks to area police, sheriff and fire personnel with a free meal and treats on Tuesday. Unity.
- Remembering Mr. Clarence Alvin Foster, Steve Alan Ghorley, Mrs. Jean Tarwater Glover, Mrs. Deborah L. Thompson. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Hardy Realty open house gallery for Sunday: Four homes in Rome and Kingston, priced from $127,500 to $229,900.
- Posting today at 3 p.m.
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Shorter Hawks: Latest football updates.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Alabama is test, Vols stay on track; Dawgs win. No Nos
- Berry Vikings: At home vs. Chicago, Saturday at noon.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Rome, Darlington, Cartersville should have no trouble Friday night; 10 area teams off for fall break. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Georgia Tech: At Pittsburgh, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: At South Carolina, 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Broncos, 4:15 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Berry Head Football Coach Tony Kunczewski on Saturday's community appreciation day at Valhalla as the Vikings host Chicago in a game beginning at noon. Public service groups will be on campus prior to the game to meet with fans.
- 8:10 a.m.: Jennifer Hazelton, communications director for the Trump/Pence campaign in Georgia, on what Trump must do in Sunday's debate with Hillary Clinton.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.