Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Mid 80s through Saturday; a bit cooler by Sunday. Weather
- Hurricane Matthew: The latest updates. Matthew
Latest local headlines:
- Here are 800,000 reasons why the upcoming ACC tennis tournaments mean big business in Rome. Economic impact
- Business: Frios Gourmet Pops opens Friday or Saturday in downtown Rome. Synovus chair Kessel Stelling to speaker at Bartow chamber luncheon. Business
- Latest results from the Coosa Valley Fair. Seniors day today with gates opening at 1 p.m. Fair
- Tickets go on sale Friday for 'Tim Reynolds, From Bluegrass to Classical & Everything in Between' set for Oct. 30 at the DeSoto. Tim Reynolds
- Education: Darlington sees 30-point jump in SAT scores, averages 1664 vs. state's 1459 and national's 1484. Education
- Buzz: 'Truck or Treat' unites Halloween, food trucks on Oct. 28. NAACP's Soul Food dinner/raffle/auction Nov. 12. New assistant chaplain at Floyd. Buzz
- Weekend: Heavy Metal in Motion returns to Tellus; Coosa Valley Fair; chili cookout; veterans memorial service, 'Paddle Through History.' Weekend
- Georgia Health News: Senate panel begins looking at options for Medicaid expansion. Health
- Remembering Mr. Gary Adair, Mr. Edwin Harold "Eddie" Brock, Mr. William J. "Willie" McGee, Mr. Thomas Walter Redwine, Mr. Walker Ray Stone. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Shorter Hawks: Clark Atlanta at Barron Stadium, 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
- Berry College Viking Chris Lilly has been nominated for GEICO Play of the Year for his one-handed touchdown catch over the LaGrange Panthers on Sept. 10.
- Berry Vikings: At home vs. Chicago, Saturday at noon.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Rome, Darlington, Cartersville should have no trouble Friday night; 10 area teams off for fall break. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Georgia Tech: At Pittsburgh, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: At South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Broncos, 4:15 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Hurricane updates
- 8:10 a.m.: Matt Pearce from the Small Business Development Center on the importance of staying focused on what your business really is.
- 8:40 a.m.: Matt Robinson from the new Frios gourmet pops opening on Broad Street