Today's latest updates at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Bewitching heat for Halloween with a high of 85 (record is 86); clear skies, too. Cooler by the end of the week. Weather
- Sunday's 87 degrees sets the record for Oct. 30 by one degree; record-tying heat in Cartersville.
- From the top down, more women are on the 2016 ballot -- including four of the five contested races in Floyd County. Politics
- Elections: 554 vote Sunday; early voting resumes today, concludes at 5 p.m. Friday. After that, it all moves to the precincts on Nov. 8. Elections
- Record-setting heat Sunday; could do it again today. Details below in Weather.
- Well, booooo! Rome carver Jeremy Smith's Underbakers finish second in Halloween Wars finale. Reality
- Halloween Headlines: Trick or Treat on Broad Street is today from 3-5 p.m. Pumpkin Patch hours. Forecast: Upper 60s, clear skies 6-8 p.m. Halloween
- Remembering Claude Emory Cox. Obituaries
- Dining: All quiet at Popeye's two months after fire. Martha Berry site courts new restaurant. Dining
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Proposed amendment would drastically change how Georgia deals with trouble schools. Debate is over state control vs. local control. Schools
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school picks: Regular season finale offers tight game with Model vs. Rockmart; close win for Darlington; blowouts for Rome, Cartersville, Calhoun. McClellan
- Darlington, Pepperell move up one spot each in latest high school polls. Latest updates.
- Berry Vikings: Next: At home vs. Birmingham-Southern, Saturday at 3 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks: Next: At home vs. Mississippi College, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: Next: At North Carolina, Saturday, TBA.
- UGA: Next: At Kentucky, Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons: Big win vs. the Packers, 33-32. Next: At Bucs Thursday night.
- World Series updates. MLB
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Larry Alford from ServiceMaster by Twins and Cory Stephens from Kindred Hospital on the Greater Rome Chamber's Expo 2016 next Thursday and Friday at The Forum.
- 8:10 a.m.: Jeremy Smith on the aftermath of Sunday's emotional season finale of Halloween Wars. How did Rome's best known carver carve his way out of that?
- 8:40 a.m.: Elections Supervisor Willie Green III on advance voting over the weekend and what to expect this week as Floyd continues to vote early in big numbers.