Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Top stories today:
- Ware Mechanical updates: Latest on Hermine, South Georgia; local forecast for the holiday weekend. Weather
- Dining: Wall Street Grille brings eclectic menu to downtown Calhoun from a familiar name in the restaurant industry. Dining
- Weekend Focus: Running Water Powwow drawing 4,000 from across the globe to Rome. Powwow / Weekend at a glance.
- Citizens First, GB & T team up with Action Ministries, customers to feed needy children on weekends. Business
- Sports: Rome Braves . . . The return of Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos. Shorter Hawks . . . Sports
Latest local headlines:
- Education: Michelle Arp, a business ed teacher at Armuchee High; Keith Reedy, a special ed teacher at Pepperell High; and Sue Turnquist, a fifth-grade science and social studies teacher at Model Elementary, up Teacher of the Year honors. Education
- Fairview School in Cave Spring added to Georgia Register of Historic Places. Fairview
- Politics: Busy week-plus ahead in local politics as campaign headquarters open, GOP women meet, Democrats hold 'Georgia Giants' fund-raiser. Politics
- Buzz: 27 Model As touring Rome this weekend. Pamela O. Obi, M.D., joins Floyd Primary Care Network. Busy September for Optimist Club. Buzz
- Remembering Mr. Benjamin Marion "B. M." Smith. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school picks: Ridgeland over Darlington, Cartersville to dominate Calhoun, close win for Rome. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Friday night football: Tonight's games including John McClellan's score forecast, the kickoff weather report and radio/webcast times. Football
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos. Alabama has no trouble but Dawgs need to be wary. Arey
- Shorter opens 2016 football season.
- Some radio changes for this weekend only.
- Rome Braves
- Playoff tickets for Rome Braves now on sale; $5 for any seat if purchased in advance. Playoffs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Phillies Friday-Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Norman Arey is back for another fall of Norman's No Nos, his guarateed-to-lose college football picks.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Deacon Stuart Neslin of Saint Mary's Catholic Church on Mother Teresa's being elevated to saint on Sunday and what it means worldwide.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Dr. Liz Culler from Blood Assurance on keeping blood donations plentiful -- and safe.