Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- And the heat goes on and the heat goes on. Mid 90s through the weekend. Weather
- 'Code orange' smog conditions Friday in Bartow County, metro Atlanta. Smog
Latest local headlines:
- Business: The Foundry Growler Station almost ready in Rome. Foundry
- Piece of the Twin Towers from the Sept. 11 attack now on permanent display at Cartersville's Public Safety Building. Steel
- Remembering Sept. 11, 2001: Downtown service this morning. On Saturday: 'March to the Mountain' in Cartersville; Unity Christian's Young America's Foundation chapter will display 2,977 flags. Sept. 11
- Buzz: Berry College Chapel to celebrate 100 years on Sept. 18. Rome Police Explorer meeting Tuesday. Where to donate blood today. Buzz
- Weekend: Free outdoor movies in Rome. Final Euharlee Food Truck Friday. The zoo comes to the DeSoto Sunday. Pine Log arts and crafts festival. Weekend.
- Remembering Mrs. Josephine DeBenney, Nevin Randolph "Randy" Garrett Jr., Mrs. Vivian Ann Richardson Smith. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Hardy Realty open house gallery for Sunday: Six Rome area homes, from $168,900 to $495,000.
- Posting at 3 this afternoon.
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Friday night preview: Best night yet of local high school football. Radio updates. Weather: 84 degrees, clear at kickoff. Preview
- John McClellan's high school picks: Close games for Rome, Darlington this Friday; Pepperell over Cedartown; trouble for Model? McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves at Charleston RiverDogs tonight at 7; lead best-of-three series, 1-0.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host the Mets Friday-Sunday.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: You want to bet that this week is better than .500? No-nos
- Berry College - Next: 7 p.m. Saturday at LaGrange. Roster | Schedule |Gameday
- Shorter University - Next: 1 p.m. Saturday at Mars Hill. /
- UGA: At home vs. Nichols. Saturday, noon. SEC Network.
- Georgia Tech: At home Saturday vs. Mercer.
- The Atlantic profiles Paralympic Soccer team training at Darlington.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Berry College sophomore Maddie Bess on her upcoming seminars about hydraulic fracturing in Northwest Georgia, starting Sept. 14 and continuing through Oct. 9.
- 8:10 a.m.: Shane Hendrix, environmental health manager at the Floyd County Health Department, and Alison Watson, nurse manager at the health department, on the upcoming rabies-flu vaccination clinic.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.