Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Mid 90s through Saturday and a tad cooler by Sunday. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- A new slice of reality for Rome carver Jeremy Smith: He's on Food Network's Halloween Wars next month. Jeremy
- DOT: $56.5 million contract awarded to four-lane, improve Ga. 140 from Shannon to Adairsville. Ga. 140
- Heart of the Community Foundation seeks nominees for 2017 Awards of Honor. Deadline: Oct. 14. Heart
- Remembering Sept. 11, 2001: Downtown service Friday, 'March to the Mountain' Saturday. Sept. 11
- Weekend: Free outdoor movies in Rome. Final Euharlee Food Truck Friday of the season. Pine Log arts and crafts festival. Weekend
- Buzz: Chieftains participating in Museum Day Live! on Sept. 24. Highland Rivers Health names Debbie Strotz chief operating officer. Buzz
- Remembering Colton Ellis Rood (expanded, updated obituary). Colton
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school picks: Close games for Rome, Darlington this Friday; Pepperell over Cedartown; trouble for Model? McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves vs. Charleston RiverDogs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Off Thursday; host the Mets Friday-Sunday.
- Honors for two Berry Vikings football players.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 8:10 a.m.: Dr. Kenny Ott of Trinity United Methodist Church and Rev. Dr. Claudette Farmer of Metropolitan United Methodist Church on their combined initiative and sermon series called "How to Neighbor" starting this Sunday.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Michelle Picon, vice president of the Historic DeSoto Theatre Foundation, on Sunday's live animal show at the DeSoto Theatre.