Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Best rain chance of week is today at 50%, slightly cooler with temps in upper 80s. Forecast
Latest local headlines:
- One teen killed, three others injured in crash on Booger Hollow Rd. on Saturday evening.
- Severe to extreme drought conditions across much of Northwest Georgia. Rome nearly 10 inches below normal rainfall for year. Drought
- Rome's Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham named 'Hotel of the Year' and one of 'Best of the Best' across the country. Hawthorn
- This week: Geek Week events, Friends for Life banquet, DeSoto concert, loft tours, Rummage sale, Beer Fest and more. Agenda
- Cartersville-Bartow People's Choice Awards presented at Arts Festival at Rose Lawn. Awards
- AAA: Southeast could see tighter supply and higher prices due to Alabama pipeline shutdown. Gas
- Weekend: Film Festival wraps, Festival at Rose Lawn, Berry Chapel celebrates 100 years and Ice Bucket Challenge in Lindale. Calendar
- Remembering Wanda Darlene Murphy. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves bring Championship trophy home with late night celebration at State Mutual Stadium.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' 2016 photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host Nationals today.
- Next week's Coosa vs. Pepperell football game up for both WSB TV's and Fox 5's Game of Week honors. How to vote now.
- John McClellan's high school picks: New picks coming Monday.
- Coming up: Sunday, the latest high school ranks. Monday: Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Norman's No-Nos: How did Norman do? No Nos
- Berry College: Berry wins at Rhodes, 34-10. Next: Saturday vs. Sewanee, 6 p.m. at home. Roster | Schedule | Gameday
- Shorter University: Hawks fall to Florida Tech. 40-0. Next: At Delta State, 3 p.m. Saturday. /
- UGA: Georgia hangs on 28-27 over Missouri. Next: At Ole Miss, 12 p.m. Saturday.
- Georgia Tech: Tech beats Vanderbilt, 38-7. Next: At home vs. Clemson, Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Oakland today.
- Results from Saturday's 30th annual Roman Rumble 5K. Results
- Latest updates on local soccer results and a look at some of this weekend's showdowns. Soccer
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Chris Carey on the third annual Cardboard Challenge set for Oct. 15 at Georgia Northwestern Technical College's Aviation Center at the Richard B. Russell Regional Airport/Towers Field.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Kevin Karel on Rome Braves baseball season.