Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Fall starts Thursday but summer still with us (90-degree highs) through next weekend. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Business: Some gas prices jump 37 cents locally as shortage continues. AAA: We could be paying even more soon. Gas
- Campaign 2016: Floyd County Commission hopefuls Bo Arrant, Allison Watters on Tax Allocation Districts, Ga. 101 four-laning, joint services. Politics
- Buzz: Dress for success with Rome Braves' championship gear. Rome Middle students hooked a few big ones from the Etowah -- TVs, sinks. No time out for clock shop owner. Buzz
- What's ahead this week in Northwest Georgia. Week
- Remembering Mr. Jerry Clyde Flemister. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school picks: No. 6 Darlington over No. 8 Bowdon (private vs. public). Pepperell, Cartersville, Calhoun, Rome should have smooth nights. McClellan
- Latest high school rankings: Rome rises to no. 8 (5A); Model at 7 (2A); Darlington at 6 (private A); Cartersville, no. 1, and Calhoun, no. 6.
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Coosa vs. Pepperell football game up for two Game of the Week votes. How to vote now.
- Berry College: Saturday vs. Sewanee, 6 p.m. at home. Roster | Schedule |
- Shorter University: At Delta State, 3 p.m. Saturday. /
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Clemson, Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- UGA: At Ole Miss, noon Saturday.
- Norman's No-Nos: Next picks posting Friday morning.
- Atlanta Falcons get key win vs. Oakland, 35-28. Next: At New Orleans Sunday night.
- Rome Braves celebrate 2016 South Atlantic League championship.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' 2016 photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Mets through Wednesday; at Marlins Thursday-Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Chris Carey on the third annual Cardboard Challenge set for Oct. 15 at Georgia Northwestern Technical College's Aviation Center at the Richard B. Russell Regional Airport/Towers Field.
- 8:10 a.m.: Kevin Karel, play-by-play announcer for the Rome Braves on 99.5 FM The Jock, on the championship season.
- 840 a.m.: Garrett Townsend of AAA South on the surge in gasoline prices since the oil line problem.