Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com and www.bartowheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- 30% rain chance, heat index near 100 today. Increased rain chance Sunday. Forecast
- Rome City Schools taking nominations to fill unexpired term on school board, also seeking interim superintendent immediately. RCS
- Rome City Schools' Superintendent Dr. Mike Buck announces plans to retire next month. Buck
- From the air: Cartersville's Main Street Marketplace nearing completion with Kroger set to open in October; Freddy's by end of month. Business
- Floyd County Grand Jury returns 44 indictments on Friday. Indictments
- Smaller than usual crowd for First Friday finale; weather probably a factor. Photos
- Education: Six Berry College students named Synovus Scholars. Pepperell Primary thanks officers. Back-to-school updates. Education
- USTA Southern Junior Team Tennis Section Championships in Rome next weekend with 450 players, more than 1000 visitors. Tennis
- Remembering Charlie Andrew Diamond, Jeanette Minshew Duke and Martha Jean "Grammy" Taylor Hudson. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Hardy Realty's open house gallery for Sunday: Six homes in the Greater Rome community. Click Gallery
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- High school football: Updates on scrimmages, unique team picture and season openers.
- Rome High's Adam Anderson commits to play football at UGA.
- Georgia High School Football Daily: Returns Monday.
- Rome Braves fall 5-1 to Columbia.
- Next: At home vs. Columbia through Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Cardinals through Sunday.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Shelly Redd on Tellus Science Museum's Night at the Museum VIII set for Aug. 13.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp on the new "GA SOS" app and 2VOTE pilot projec