Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Rain chance remains above 50% but we've not seen that much so far. Weather
- A Region at Risk, part 3: Despite key needs for an emergency acute care center for mental patients, hospitals, state regulators in a showdown. Risk
- Business: More than $11 million in construction about to begin or just under way in Greater Rome. Business
- 'Walking Dead's' Norman Reedus features Rome on his latest 'Ride' -- on Instagram, that is. Reedus
- Business: Gone in almost 60 seconds -- the K from the East Rome Kmart (video -- and two photos). Kmart
- Buzz: C.HA.M.P.S. Program hosts 'old-fashioned Red Back Hymnal benefit singing' Aug. 27. Improvements coming to Ga. 113. Constellium seeks 3 industrial maintenance techs, three tooling techs. Downtown Rome meeting canceled for August. Buzz
- Education: Updates from Saint Mary's, Rome City and Floyd County schools. Education
- Remembering Mrs. Beatrice Davis, Mr. Eric A. Kinnemore Sr., Mr. Jerry Michael Robinson. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. 62 for fast food shop in Calhoun. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school football report: McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily:
- Acollege football season without Norman? No No! Norman Arey's guaranteed locks to lose in college football on Hometown Headlines on Sept. 2.
- Rome Braves take playoff chase on the road.
- Next: In Charleston today; Hickory Thursday-Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Brewers today-Thursday.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Sheriff Tim Burkhalter and Chief Deputy Tom Caldwell on the strains the closing of Northwest Georgia Regional Hospital has placed on the county jail -- in addition to more liabilities.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Mindy Quinn, marketing manager for Blood Assurance, on a urgent plea for donations and a couple of signs of appreciation as the 'I Bleed' college T-shirts return.