Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Rain chance still 40% to 50%; highs in the low 90s return this weekend. Weather
- A Region at Risk, part 4: With hospital gone, Highland Rivers charged with caring for mentally ill but advocates say far more is needed. Risk
- Business: Restaurant and package store proposed for Dean Avenue strip center; Rome's Alcohol Control Commission to review Monday. East Rome
- 24-year-old man drowns near Allatoona Landing Marine & Resort. Drowning
- Health: Four surge to the top in Harbin Hero Hustle voting; use #HarbinHeroChallenge on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to support your favorite local charity. Final 5 gets $500 each
- Education: 9 Unity Christian students earn AP Scholar honors; high SAT, ACT scores noted as well. Education
- Education: More changes for Rome City Schools as board attorney Bill Byington retires effect Sept. 1. Education
- Fifth confirmed case of rabies in Polk County this year; what you can do to stop the spread. Rabies
- Weekend: Busy Saturday ahead with 'underground tours,' Night at the Museum, Darlington's Purple Tie Affair. Weekend
- Politics: 12th Annual Tillman Hangar GOP Rally is Saturday. Tea Party meets Tuesday at noon. Two Cave Spring council seats on Nov. 8 ballot. Vote
- Georgia Health News: State officials preparing for Zika transmission. Zika
- Smile Report: Exchange Club dedicates Freedom Shrine at Pepperell Elementary. Smile
- Remembering Mr. George William Fowler, Mrs. Betty Wood. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school football report: McClellan
- Calhoun opens scrimmage season tonight at home; more games Friday.
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves continue chase for first place.
- Next: Hickory tonight-Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Brewers today.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Logan Boss from Public Health on the latest updates on the Zika virus and what it means to our state.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Jim Moore from the Rome chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness joins us to discuss care options for our area in light of the Hometown Headlines' series, A Region at Risk.