Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Top stories today:
- Coming soon to Broad Street: Frios Gourmet Pops in the sizzling 200 block. Frios
- Ware Mechanical forecast: Mid 60s in the mornings starting Friday; upper 80s Friday-Labor Day. Trip to the coast? Watch 'TD 9.' Weather
- Rome Braves' playoff run: With six games to go, the Braves are . . Sports
- Berry Vikings' preview of the season's first game vs. Maryville at home at 6 p.m. Sunday. Sports
- Striking back at heroin epidemic: U.S. Attorney John Horn on Hometown Radio, 8:40 this morning, WRGA 98.7 FM.
Northwest Georgia headlines:
- September is National Preparedness Month; tips on being ready for the next storm. Plus: Audio interview. Be ready
- Education: 180-plus colleges and universities -- from local to Harvard -- pack Darlington's annual college fair. Higher ed
- Floyd Democrats open campaign HQ on Saturday. 'Go Forward' organizing prayer, fasting Sept. 10. More honors for Fusion. Sidney Dew yard sale. Buzz
- Remembering Mr. Michael Camp, Mr. James Walter Hollingsworth, Mrs. Patricia Ann Womack Langford, Ms. Mary Frances Knight, Mrs. Clara Poledo Sibley. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Berry ready for season opener vs. Maryville this Saturday at 6 p.m. at Valhalla.
- Shorter Hawks play at UT-Chattanooga Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Ridgeland over Darlington, Cartersville to dominate Calhoun, close win for Rome. McClellan
- Cartersville vs. Calhoun up for game of the week.
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves in final stretch of playoff chase.
- Playoff tickets for Rome Braves now on sale; $5 for any seat if purchased in advance. Playoffs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Today-Thursday vs. Padres.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Open.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Ralph Davis, chair of the Floyd County Democratic Party, on Saturday's opening of the fall campaign headquarters and where the party is as the final push of 2016 begins.
- At 8:40 a.m.: U.S. Attorney John Horn on the heroin epidemic and what to do about it, including updates from last week's working panel on the problem.