Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Sizzling weekend on the way with highs in the upper 90s. Weather
Today's first headlines:
- Rome/Floyd sees workforce rise to 40,800, best in recent months. But most of region sees uptick in first-time jobless claims, too. Jobs
- Business: Ribbon cutting this morning for Trandev ops center. New Marketplace to offer wine, beer tastings? Business
- YMCA seeks community's help in donating back-to-school supplies by Thursday. Plus: Updates on others lending a hand. Back to school
- GOP convention updates from David Guldenschuh: 7:40 a.m. on Hometown Radio. Plus: What's ahead for the Democratic Convention. Politics
- Former Polk County jailor charged in inmate Taser case; also was ex-Floyd Police detective. Arrest
- Weekend: With highs in the upper 90s, a good time to hit the water. Here's how. Also: Friday concerts in Cartersville, Cedartown. Weekend
- Smile Report: Cartersville Medical Center earns leadership award for cardiac, neurological services care. Smile
- Remembering Ms. Alver Jarrell Edgeworth, Travis Leon Garrett, John Ross (Johnny) McDaniel, Mr. Marvin Lewis Montgomery, Mr. Steven Wayne Mull, Ray W. Wear. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves get huge 11-2 win to open home stand.
- Next: Lexington in town today-Friday; West Virginia Saturday-Tuesday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Rockies today-Sunday.
- Links to high school football schedules this fall.
- Coosa Eagle football meeting tonight.
- Berry Vikings counting down the days to practice begins (t-minus 19).
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM. Coming up Monday:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Rome attorney David Guldenschuh of Rome who's attending the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this week.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Robyn Matthews from the Alzheimers Association on Saturday's Float for Hope on Saturday.