Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- No break in the heat as temperatures climb higher into the 90s. Weather
Today's first headlines:
- Business: Some layoffs at plants Hammond, Bowen as Georgia Power makes some 'personnel adjustments.' Georgia Power
- 'Bankers United for First Reponders' to offer breakfast, lunch to extended law enforcement community Friday in Rome. Appreciation
- State Patrol: No charges in the accident that left motorcycle Officer Mike Simmons hospitalized. GSP
- Heard on the Tweet: Target truck at closing Kmart? 'Serial' podcast spinoff focuses on Rome murder. Help wanted. Heard
- Business: Top Gun Powder Coating & Architectural Coating adding new plant, 60 jobs to Adairsville. Business
- Wednesday RNC updates from David Guldenschuh: Hometown Radio report at 7:40 this morning. RNC
- Traffic light adjacent to Main Street Marketplace (new mega Kroger) due on July 26. New light
- Smile Report: Floyd County Sheriff's Sgt. Nick Yarbrough named employee of the quarter. Smile
- Georgia Supreme Court Chief Justice Hugh P. Thompson retiring in January. Court
- Georgia Health News: Study sees expansion's impact on state's uninsured. Health
- Remembering Mr. Seaborn Wright Alexander Jr., Ms. Janie Joyce Gibson, Eric Christian Hoffmann. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves off Tuesday
- Next: Lexington in town today-Friday; West Virginia Saturday-Tuesday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Cincinnati Reds, today.
- Links to high school football schedules this fall.
- Big honors for Berry's baseball team.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM. Coming up Monday:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Rome attorney David Guldenschuh of Rome who's attending the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this week.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Bankers United for First Responders on Friday's breakfast, lunch for all area law enforcement officials -- police, fire, EMS, E-911.