The local news you need throughout your busy day from www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Back to the low 90s this week. New storm in the tropics headed toward Mexico. Weather
- Growlers: Take-home draught, craft beer sales start today in Rome with two more options brewing. Growlers
- Georgia's two-day sales tax holiday for back-to-school is July 30-31. A look at what's covered - and what Alabama, Tennessee are doing. Sales tax holiday.
- Buzz: Darlington's Purple Tie 'Tigers and 'Tails' set for Aug. 13. Busy June for Rome Tea Party. Buzz
- Remembering Mrs. Carolyn Eubanks Jones, Mrs. Betty Yvonne Holtzclaw Snead. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Floyd Schools, first responders produce a chilling video that will change the way you drive, let alone your teenagers. Video
- 2016 Guide to Summer Camps in Northwest Georgia. Camps
- Vacation Bible Schools plan a busy summer. What's ahead. VBS
- Northwest Georgia traffic conditions via Google Maps or Waze.
- Today's business headlines from Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia's best source for job leads. Click Career Builder
- Rome Braves fall 8-2 to Grasshoppers to end first 'half season.'
- How the Braves did for the first 69 games of 2016.
- Next: All-Star break through Wednesday; home Thursday-Sunday vs. Charleston.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves beat Mets 6-0 on Sunday; off today.
- Links to high school football schedules this fall.
- Links to sports summer camps. Football, baseball and more.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, WRGA 98.7 FM (streaming)
Please join our guests from 7-9 a.m. including:
- At 7:20 a.m.: Joe Cook, who's on the river with Paddle Georgia, updates us on the trip winding its way to Rome this week.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Rome City Commissioner Bill Collins on Soul Fest coming to Ridge Ferry Park in July to benefit the Kelsey-Aycock-Burrell Center.
- At 8:10 a.m. Louise Branham on upcoming DIGS concert at Brewhouse.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Ellen Archer from the Cartersville/Bartow County Convention and Visitors Bureau on the new shuttle from LakePoint to downtown Cartersville.