For today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
- Solemn mission for the Christmas tree at Cedartown police headquarters: A tribute to the men and women killed in the line of duty in 2016 as well as those lost in Polk County over the years. Memory Tree
- Business: Life Church of Rome seeks new home as current site has been sold. Watch for a large convenience store new to Floyd County. Church
- Business: Birmingham company in the process of buying Coca-Cola's Rome operations; deal should close next year. Coca-Cola
- Business: United Community Bank closing Shorter Avenue branch on March 17. Business
- Business: WBHF announces that Avatron Smart Park, a $750 million technology-centered theme park was to be developed in Emerson, has been shut down. WBHF
- Ware Mechanical forecast: 'Wintry mix' possible in Dade County Friday night. More rain today, colder by Thursday. Weather
- People: Mohawk's Mollie Surratt honored for digital communications; Berry alum Karen Hersey honored by Georgia Council of Teachers of Mathematics; Adairsville Elementary PE teacher Dr. Joy Walker saluted by March of Dimes. People
- Georgia Health News: The Top 10 healthcare stories in 2016. Health
- Your updated guide to Christmas parades, concerts, church services and festive performances across Northwest Georgia. Christmas
- Remembering Mr. Charles Edward Flowers, Mrs. Lisa Covington Rucker, Mr. James Harlin Terry, Ms. Hope Octavia Williams. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crimewatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome High honored again, named football team of the year by Fox 5 Atlanta. Wolves
- Berry Vikings Junior defensive lineman Mamadou Soumahoro has been named First-Team All-America by the American Football Coaches Association.
- Manager Randy Ingle, hitting coach Bobby Moore return for the 2017 season with the Rome Braves. Rome
- Latest college basketball updates from Northwest Georgia.
- Bowls: Georgia Tech is headed to Jacksonville to play Kentucky at 11 a.m. Dec. 31. UGA: The Bulldogs vs. TCU in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, noon Friday, Dec. 30.
- Atlanta Falcons: At home Sunday vs. 49ers, 4:05 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Resident geek Chris Giddens on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" and what we can expect as it debuts Thursday night.
- 8:10 a.m.: Larry Alford on Spring Creek and Reynolds Bend baptist churches uniting for Silent Night, a drive-through nativity, on Dec. 17 and 18.
- 8:40 a.m.: Stephanie McElhone and Cheryl Bishop on the 2016 coat drive by the YMCA.