For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
- Morning updates from the Floyd County Jail.
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- A little cooler Saturday, Sunday across Northwest Georgia. Weather
- Record-tying heat in Cartersville Thursday; near record in Rome. Below freezing by early Sunday. Heat
- Fire, drought updates: Three Polk fires mostly contained. Burning ban remains in effect as do outdoor watering restrictions. Updates
- Cave Spring man died in early morning accident; state traffic death toll at six so far this holiday weekend. Traffic
- Photos, video capture Rome High's 'Sound of the Seven Hills' in Philadelphia's Thanksgiving Parade. Tonight, they're back in action for the Rome vs. Ware County football playoff game. Wolves.
- Buzz: Salvation Army's red kettles are out in force; volunteers needed. 2016 Can-a-thon goal: 100,000 donations. What's ahead at the chamber. Buzz
- Weekend: Community invited to Small Business Saturday kickoff. Action Ministries Rome has a cure for those holiday calories. Weekend
- Remembering Mr. Charles Robert Fulmer. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crimewatch
- Christmas Headlines: Your guide to parades, concerts and more this season. Click Christmas
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: Tech, FSU, Alabama and Michigan pull out wins. No Nos
- John McClellan's high school playoff picks: Rome, Cartersville only local teams to survive this Friday.
- Countdown to tonight's high school playoffs; weather and radio updates.
- Community: Run Off The Turkey 5K & Health Walk is Saturday.
- Georgia Tech football: At Georgia, Saturday at noon.
- UGA football: At home vs. Georgia Tech, Saturday at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: Home Sunday vs. Cardinals, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- We're off through Monday, Nov. 28. Next live show: Tuesday morning.