For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Cool weekend ahead with highs only in the mid 60s. Weather
- Heard on the Tweet: Gas prices go south. Pepperell's enterprising young men (and women). Brian Kemp, this Bud's for you (in Cartersville). Short Hot Blonde in demand. Tweet
- Fire and rain: Rome's rainfall down more than 50% in the past six months. Plus: Update on North Georgia fires, smoke. Fire and rain
- Veterans Day to be observed with return of Flame of Freedom, Myrtle Hill service, ceremonies at Unity Christian School. Veterans Day
- Education: Georgia Highlands reports a 5.1% jump in fall enrollment. OTR's Bob Owens joins Georgia Northwestern's board. Education
- Health: Wreath auction to benefit Cancer Navigators. Daquesha Chever, D.O., has joined the Cartersville office of Floyd Urgent Care. Health
- Georgia Health News: Blue Cross signs up half in state's health plan. GHN
- Weekend: Christmas Workshop, Homemakers Bazaar set. CRBI Fish Fry. Walk to End Alzheimer's. Wiffle Ball tournament. Showstoppers unites county schools' talent. Events
- Remembering Derry Thomas Dunn, Frances Louise Gray Farrer, Mrs. Mary Evelyn Campbell Roe. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Where to follow tonight's playoff games; 52 degrees at kickoff so come prepared. High school
- John McClellan's high school playoff picks: Six area teams survive first round of playoffs. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: This weekend might not be favorable to Tech and Georgia. No No
- Rome Braves, Floyd Police golf tournament today; Wiffle Ball returns Saturday.
- Berry Vikings: At Centre, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks: At Valdosta State, Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: At Virginia Tech, Saturday, 3:30 p.m.
- UGA: At home vs. Auburn, Saturday, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons: 1 p.m. Sunday at Eagles on Fox.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Jay Shell and Dr. Trent Prault, partners in Rome City Brewing Co., on what it took to open downtown Rome's first microbrewery and what's next.
- 8:10 a.m.: Susan Granbery, Urban & Community Forestry Coordinator for the Georgia Forestry Commission, on efforts to better educate the community about fire prevention as the drought and other factors heighten our chances of brush and wild fires.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.