For these and today's latest news, please see www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- More smoke today; maybe some rain Saturday; low of 29 early Monday. Weather
- Dining: Panera Bread to open Dec. 5 in Cartersville. Season's greetings -- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shake back at Chick-fil-A. Dining
- More smoke due this morning; winds should clear it out by afternoon. 'Very rough 2017' because of the drought? Smoke update
- Georgia Health News: As smoke spreads, respiratory problems rise. No increases yet in Floyd, Polk counties. Health
- First look at October jobs report for Northwest Georgia. Jobs
- Georgia Water Coalition's 'Dirty Dozen' targets two issues in Northwest Georgia -- power plants and potential fracking. Dozen
- Health: Health: Redmond volunteer William James (SummitQuest) named state hospital hero. Preston Smith joins medical firm. Cartersville Medical Center honored. Health
- Education: Coosa senior Ansley Terhune promotes 'Stack the Mac' to help those in need in our area. Smokey Bear visits Saint Mary's to promote fire prevention as drought concerns grow. Education
- Weekend: Downtown Open House in Rome; candy cane hunt; Optimist Club's pancake breakfast, Discovery Day at Tellus. Weekend
- Buzz: Bartow development chair honored by state. Georgia Highlands offers new continuing ed classes. DOT to ease holiday commute. Buzz
- Remembering Mrs. Shirley Ann Montgomery Carter, Ronald Mark Casey, Mr. Rodney James Flemister, Mrs. Margaret Dower Lindsey, Ms. Linda Gartrill Tucker. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school playoff picks: 4 of 8 Northwest Georgia teams to advance to the third round (one loss will surprise most). McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Local college basketball updates.
- Honors for college players, coach.
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Virginia, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: At home vs. Louisiana-Lafayette, Saturday at noon.
- Atlanta Falcons: Off this Sunday. Next: Nov. 27, home vs. Cardinals, 1 p.m., Fox.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No-Nos: 10 college football locks to lose coming Friday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: The U.S. Forest Service on the major fire burning in western Fannin County and other spots across the state.
- 8:10 a.m. Joe Cook from CRBI on the Georgia Water Coalition's 2016 Dirty Dozen and what it means to Northwest Georgia.