Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- High of 87, sunny skies as Coosa Valley Fair opens to a week of perfect weather. Forecast
- What you need to know about Hurricane Michael. Tropics
Latest local headlines:
- Business: Annual deposit review shows $1.38 billion in area banks as of June 30, down $20 million from a year ago. Which banks saw increases and market share growth. Banks
- Business: Panera Bread, Shane's also coming to Main Street in Cartersville this fall. Dining
- Business: Bass Pro buying rival Cabela's for $5.5 billion. No answer yet on what it means to Bass Pro plans for LakePoint. Outdoors
- Coosa Valley Fair opens tonight; see early bird specials, schedule. Click Fair
- Buzz: Improvements to U.S. 27/Gore-Subligna Road set. Veterans Expo at LakePoint Oct. 11. Duck Dash raises $12,000. Free legal help Oct. 14. Buzz
- Health: Darlington site of special Blood Assurance blood drive Thursday. Alzheimer's Association plans events in Rome, Calhoun. Health
- Health: Flu shots now available at the Gordon County, Polk County health departments. Health
- Georgia Health News: Atlanta has biggest gap in breast cancer deaths when comparing whites, blacks. Health
- Education: Two Darlington students earn $160,000 in scholarships to Alabama. Floyd Schools' schedule for week after fall break. Education
- Remembering Mr. Paul Franklin Boyd, Mr. Harold James Mantooth Sr., Michael Wall, Mr. Charles Edward Woodard. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Campaign watch: Summary of candidate profiles (and links to GHC video interviews). Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Honors for Shorter quarterback Tyler Pullum.
- Rome Braves, Floyd Police set celebrity golf shootout.
- Berry Vikings: At home vs. Chicago, Saturday at noon.
- Shorter Hawks: Clark Atlanta at Barron Stadium, 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Rome, Darlington, Cartersville should have no trouble Friday night; 10 area teams off for fall break. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Georgia Tech: At Pittsburgh, Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- UGA: At South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons: At Broncos, 4:15 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 8:10 a.m.: Jim Galloway of the AJC's Political Insider on his thoughts about Georgia being a battleground state and what to expect from tonight's vice presidential debate.
- 8:40 a.m.: Cheryl Bishop with the YMCA on BooFest set for Friday, Oct. 21, at Grizzard Park.