Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Today -- near-record heat. Tonight -- storms possible. Friday -- high in the upper 60s. Weather
- We just missed tying another record Wednesday: 91 degrees (record 92 set in 1938).
- September employment report: More job than a year ago but also more first-time claims for assistance. Jobs
- Elections: More than 2,900 people already have voted in Floyd County. Plus: Political calendar, candidate profiles. Elections
- Education: Pepperell High's freshman class commits to graduation Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle brings business/education summit to GNTC-Gordon County. Education
- Weekend: From BooFest to Peach State to cowboys to three community festivals, welcome to one of the busiest weekends of the year. Calendar
- Buzz: Junior Service League's poinsettia sale under way. Homemakers bazaar is Nov. 11-12. Blankenship named Program Director for Heyman HospiceCare. Student leadership summit held. Buzz
- Georgia Health News: State fares poorly again on baby, maternal health.Health
- Remembering Mr. Grady William Jones, Mrs. Rose Marie Jordan, Mrs. Susan P. Pearson. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Campaign watch: Election headlines; sample ballots; summary of candidate profiles. Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Proposed amendment would drastically change how Georgia deals with trouble schools. Debate is over state control vs. local control. Schools
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- High school football: Cedartown plays at Troup County tonight at 7.
- John McClellan's high school picks: Big wins for Rome, Pepperell, Darlington, Cartersville. Rockmart over Coosa. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- More honors for Shorter's Alfred Chelanga.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: New picks coming Friday.
- Berry Vikings: Oct. 29 at home vs. Millsaps, 1 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks: At West Florida, Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: Oct. 29, homecoming vs. Duke. Noon.
- UGA: Oct. 29 vs. Florida in Jacksonville, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons: Sunday at home vs. Chargers, 4:05 p.m.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Jamey Alcorn, principal of Pepperell High School, on the annual commitment ceremony and updates on the Dragons
- 8:10 a.m.: Model High graduate Tim Reynolds on his Sunday, Oct. 30, concert at the DeSoto Theatre in Rome. Also: Chris Jackson, president of the Historic DeSoto Foundation.
- 8:40 a.m.: Dr. Brian Carroll, chair of communication at Berry College, on the media and the presidential race.