Continuing updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Sizzling start to the week (upper 80s) and then low 70s by the weekend. Weather
- Proposed amendment would drastically change how Georgia deals with trouble schools. Debate is over state control vs. local control. Schools
- Politics: Voting in advance? Follow this link to fill out one quick form before going to vote. Politics
- Buzz: Work to begin this winter on Oak Hill Pavilion. Princess Parlour coming to Glenn Milner. Buzz
- Services set for Sam Freeman: Calling hours Tuesday at Rome First, funeral Wednesday at Trinity United Methodist. Sam
- Remembering Mr. Christopher Ashley Brock. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. Crime
- Campaign watch: Election headlines; sample ballots; summary of candidate profiles. Plus: Local, national political calendars. Politics
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Latest high school rankings: Rome, Darlington, Pepperell, Cartersville and Calhoun.
- John McClellan's high school picks coming Tuesday.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: New picks coming Friday.
- Berry Vikings: Next: Oct. 29 at home vs. Millsaps, 1 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks: Next: At West Florida, Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Georgia Tech: Next: Oct. 29, homecoming vs. Duke,
- UGA: Next: Oct. 29, vs. Florida in Jacksonville, 3:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons: Seahawks beat Falcons 26-24. Next Sunday: Home vs. Chargers, 4:05 p.m.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Ira Levy on the annual Deli Day coming to Rodeph Sholom Congregation on Nov. 9.
- 8:10 a.m.: Ryan Simmons with Brand Red Studios on premiere of 'Running A.T. Full Speed.'
- 8:40 a.m.: Richard Dixon from Rome High School on Peach State Marching Festival on Saturday.