Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Slightly cooler with highs in upper 80s this week with 20-30% rain chance. Forecast
Latest local headlines:
- Battle of the gourmet pops: City Creamery bringing King of Pops to Rome with Frios Gourmet Pops set to open next month. Popsicles
- Lindale resident Freddie Giles beating the odds with ALS. Upcoming 3rd annual Ice Bucket Challenge coming up Sept. 18. Giles
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sept. 11, 2001: Dozens 'March on the Mountain' in Cartersville and Unity Christian School students place 2,977 flags for victims. Remembrance
- This week: Rome and Floyd Commission meetings, Rome BOE meeting, job fair, RIFF and Geek Week return, Roman Rumble, fall bazaar and Rose Lawn festival. Agenda
- Floyd County Democrats hold annual "Georgia Giants" dinner. Samuel T. Burrell, Sr. honored for his community leadership. Giants
- Cedartown man killed in crash on Hwy. 27 in Polk County on Friday. Polk
- Remembering Judy Garland Blalock and Hobson Dewey Ragland. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Hardy Realty open house gallery for today: Seven homes in Rome and Cedartown, from $168,900 to $495,000. Hardy
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome Braves win South Atlantic League Southern Division. Head to SAL Championship against Lakewood starting Monday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Host the Mets today.
- Berry College beats LaGrange, 52-37. Next: At Rhodes, 2 p.m. Saturday. Roster | Schedule | Gameday
- The Shorter Hawks fell to Mars Hill 28-21 in overtime Saturday afternoon. Next: At home vs. Florida Tech, Saturday at 7 p.m. /
- UGA: Georgia hangs on for 26-24 home opening win vs. Nicholls State.
- Georgia Tech: Wins 35-10 over Mercer.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Eric Waters, principal and CEO of Floyd County Schools College & Career Academy, is joined by Leah Couch and Dr. Brian Swanagan to talk about the winning Shark Tank program.
- 8:10 a.m.: Christa Jackson from Saint Mary's Catholic School on the fall bazaar set for Sept. 17 and other school updates.
- 8:40 a.m.: Mike Dunn, general manager of the Rome Braves, on the opening games of the South Atlantic League championship Monday at 7 p.m. at State Mutual Stadium.