Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Forget fall? It was 95 again Thursday, 14 degrees above normal. Low 90s for the weekend. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Floyd County Police officer critically injured in accident with Redmond ambulance Thursday evening on U.S. 27. Updates
- Dining & drink: Brewhouse's Rome City Brewery gets critical federal OK; state next. Celebrate with a new foot-long hot dog next week. D & D
- Latest gas gauge check: Colonial Pipeline official to address Rome Rotary Oct. 6. Some outages in Calhoun. Latest prices. Gas
- Larsen & Shaw/Carlsen Precision Manufacturing bringing site to Floyd County; $5 million investment with up to 20 jobs over three years. Business
- Ribbon is cut on the new William S. Davies Homeless Shelter off East 18th Street. Shelter
- Weekend: Scott Thompson concert, Armuchee band invitational, beer festival, museum freebies and Geek Week picnic. Weekend
- Buzz: Arms up -- Blood Assurance needs O-positive donors. Plus: New Rome Facebook home. Leaf machine starts round Oct. 3. Prayer at the Poll set for Sept. 28 at St. Mary's School. Buzz
- Education: Harbin's Kenna Stock, Calhoun Schools' Michele Taylor, Dalton Utilities' John Thomas join Georgia Northwestern's board. GNTC
- Cartersville Police: Custody fight leads to boyfriend's arrest on arson, other charges. Arson
- Remembering Mr. Jimmy Odell Camp, Ms. Sandra Gale Holsey, Mr. Michael Leroy Smith, Mr. William Allen 'Bill' Stephens Sr. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Fall festivals, pumpkin farms and leaf season. Your Northwest Georgia wrap-up. Fall
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos: I feel good about Tennessee but not about Georgia. No No.
- Friday night football: Where to find tonight's game on radio, the web. Forecast: 85 and clear skies at kickoff. Preview
- John McClellan's high school picks: No. 6 Darlington over No. 8 Bowdon (private vs. public). Pepperell, Cartersville, Calhoun, Rome should have smooth nights. McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Berry College: Saturday vs. Sewanee, 6 p.m. at home. Roster | Schedule |
- Shorter University: At Delta State, 3 p.m. Saturday. /
- Georgia Tech: falls 27-6 to no. 5 Clemson. Next up: Miami at home, noon Saturday, Oct. 1.
- UGA: At Ole Miss, noon Saturday.
- League champion Rome Braves honored by the Floyd County Commission.
- Atlanta Braves: At Marlins through Sunday.
- Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans, Monday at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- 7:40 a.m.: Mary Jane Bushell, president and chief executive officer of Larsen & Shaw, and Steve Caslick, the vice president of operations,will join us to talk about the company's decision to bring Carlsen Precision Manufacturing to our area with 20 new jobs.
- 8:10 a.m.: Michael Smith, the Democratic Party of Georgia's communications director, on what he sees for Monday's Clinton vs. Trump debate and how Mrs. Clinton is doing in Georgia based on recent polls.
- 8:40 a.m.: Hometown Headlines/WRGA News Roundtable.