Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Summer making a sizzling comeback this week. Weather
Latest local headlines:
- Busy fall about to begin. Your early guide to pumpkin patches, festivities in Northwest Georgia. Fall 2016
- Freddy's opens in Cartersville. CitiTrends just about ready in West Rome. Central Plaza's latest addition, Cycle Therapy, reopens Sept. 13. Vietnam war hero to speak to Marine Corps League. Buzz
- Playoffs start Wednesday at State Mutual Stadium: Rome Braves vs. RiverDogs. What you need to know. Playoffs
- Business: Transco's pipeline to Dalton cutting through Bartow, Gordon counties; land condemnation beginning. Business
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores resume Wednesday. Dining
- Remembering Mrs. Vivian Ann Smith, Donna Sparks. Obituaries
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school picks: Close games for Rome, Darlington this Friday; Pepperell over Cedartown; trouble for Model? McClellan
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves wrap up regular season.
- Playoff tickets for Rome Braves now on sale; $5 for any seat if purchased in advance. First game is 7 p.m. Wednesday at State Mutual Stadium. Playoffs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Nationals through Wednesday.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Tuesday including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Andy Garner, chair of the Floyd County Republican Party, on Thursday's opening of the GOP headquarters on Broad Street.
- At 8:10 and 8:40 a.m.: Berry students Olivia Vasquez and Diamond Newsome join Katherine Powell in advance of author Bryan Stephenson's Just Mercy speech at the college later this week.