Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com and www.bartowheadlines.com
Top stories today:
- 19-year-old motorcyclist dies in crash on Floyd Springs Rd. near Highway 156; Other driver charged with vehicular homicide. Crash
- Weekend focus: Knight of Columbus preparing some 4,600 lbs of food for Monday's best barbecue in Rome. Knights
- Latest post from Berry's Viking Fusion takes a look at EpiPen price increase and impact on campus. Fusion
- Labor Day Weekend festivities: Bluegrass worship service, Final day of Powwow and Barbecue tomorrow. Calendar
Latest local headlines:
- Ware Mechanical forecast: Sunshine and high near 90 today, same for Labor Day. Forecast
- Politics: Floyd Democrats open headquarters, GOP set for their opening on Thursday. Politics
- This week: Labor Day barbecue, Floyd BOE meeting, baseball playoffs, free outdoor movies and March to the Mountain. Agenda
- The Berry College eagles have returned to town and with some unexpected company. Eagles
- Remembering Kenneth David Barton, Stanley Dale Arasmith, Alfred Preston Caldwell, Jr., Jerry Carson Smith and Frances Marie Gribble Taylor. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- #MiracleonMarthaBerry: Vikings storm back to get first win of season over Maryville, 34-33. Berry
- Georgia High School Football Daily returns Monday.
- Norman Arey's Norman's No Nos. How did Norman do? Arey
- Rome Braves clinch spot in playoffs after winning both games of Saturday's doubleheader in Augusta.
- Playoff tickets for Rome Braves now on sale; $5 for any seat if purchased in advance. Playoffs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Phillies today.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- No show Monday because of the Labor Day holiday. Please join our guests Tuesday including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Andy Garner, chair of the Floyd County Republican Party, on Thursday's opening of the GOP headquarters on Broad Street.
- At 8:10 and 8:40 a.m.: Berry students Olivia Vasquez and Diamond Newsome join Katherine Powell in advance of author Bryan Stephenson's Just Mercy speech at the college later this week.