Where the news goes beyond agendas and arrests – and where you'll never have to worry about a 'pay wall." Click www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- No relief this weekend with highs in the low 90s. We had a high of 99 on Wednesday. Weather
- Dining: More cajun on the way as On the Bayou moves to former Opie's on Ga. 53 near Ga. 140. Dining
- Business: Central Plaza adding tenants as redesign continues. Plus: More growth for Rome-based group? Business
- Business: Sykes bringing 300 to 500 jobs to Berry Corporate Center; will start with around 100 employees. Jobs
- Health: 'Harbin Hero Hustle' includes 5K, health walk, chance to help five local charitable groups (use #HarbinHeroChallenge). Health
- Education: Safety tip -- pass a stopped school bus, get a $585 fine. Plus: Classes open today at Berry Elementary, Gordon and Chattooga counties. Education
- Politics: Your voter information is now just a text away. Also: Rome Young Republicans meeting at Putt-Putt Aug. 11. Politics
- Georgia Health News: Caregivers of veterans need their own support. Health
- Remembering Janice Virginia Rakes Chapman, Ruben Hubert "Jack" Cordle, Nannie Belle Daniels. Mrs. Opal Wilson Willoughby. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- High school football: Updates on scrimmages, unique team picture and season openers.
- Georgia High School Football Daily:
- Rome Braves snap skid, beat Lexington 3-1.
- Next: At home vs. Columbia; two games tonight beginning at 5 p.m.; home through Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At home vs. Pirates.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
- Preseason updates from the Shorter Hawks.
- Community: Arsenal Rec soccer sign-ups and updates.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Rusty Mansell, from 247 sports, on the start of high school and college football seasons.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Matt Pearce from the Small Business Development Center on how and why to use benchmarks.