Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Low to mid 90s with 30 to 40% rain chance through Thursday. Weather
- Business: Kauffman Tire opens the week of Aug. 22. Work on Courtyard touches Rome's skyline. Young Professionals meet tonight at Heritage First. Business
- Business: Greater Community Bank earns five-star rating from BauerFinancial. Business
- Health: Redmond, Cartersville Medical part of new nurse residency program. Pediatrician joins One Door Polk network. Health
- Education: Floyd County, Unity students return today. Unity dedicates Middle School Annex. Education
- Buzz: Busy day for Floyd County Board of Education. Rabies clinic Sept. 17. Make that Lt. Col. Christian Coomer. Buzz
- Smile Report: Big honors for Lauren Wood of Floyd County 4-H. Smile
- Outdoors: River Revelry returns to downtown Rome on Aug. 27. Plus: Local calendar. Outdoors
- No additional obituaries to share from Monday.
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- High school football: Updates on scrimmages and season openers.
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves open home stand.
- Atlanta Braves' Gant, Simmons rehabbing with the Rome Braves; Gant to start on the mound tonight.
- Next: At home vs. Lexington, today-Wednesday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Off Monday; at home vs. Pirates Tuesday-Thursday.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Armuchee High to name stadium in honor of Namin Weisman on Aug. 19. Joining us to discuss the honor will be Rick Gilbert, Larry Maxey and David Cox
- At 8:10 a.m.: Janet Eberhart, Immunizations Coordinator for Public Health, about August being is National Immunization Awareness Month.
- At 8:40 a.m.: WRGA's Austen Trevers with updates on how the first morning back went for Floyd County students -- and schools.