Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Looks like low to mid 90s throughout the weekend with a 20% rain chance. Weather
- Snapshot of Northwest Georgia's employment situation for July. Jobs
- Upcoming career fairs in Northwest Georgia. How to apply. Hiring
- Johnson Elementary stages pep rally for Krige Schabort as he prepares to compete in the Triathlon Team in the Rio Paralympics next month. Compete
- How to help Louisiana flood victims: Law enforcement's BLUE drive starts today; donations coming in for Pleasant Valley South's Kid 2 Kid program to collect school supplies. Flood
- Rome Christmas Parade is Tuesday, Nov. 29; applications now being accepted. Parade
- Education: 'Just Mercy' author Bryan Stevenson to speak at Berry Sept. 12. Honors for Viking Fusion adviser. Education
- Health Department: Traditional 'long-acting reversible contraception' devices getting new attention. Health
- Weekend: LakePoint Station's grand opening. Final shows of 'Forever Plaid.' River Revelry. Critical Rome Braves showdown. Concert for Amy. Events
- Buzz: Duck Dash returns to Cartersville Oct. 1. Honors for Labor Commissioner Mark Butler. Buzz
- Georgia Health News: Donation program for rural hospitals opens door for consultants. Health
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. U (54) for longtime Rome restaurant. Dining
- Remembering Georgia C. Anderson, Ms. Brenda Florine Morgan, Deacon Willie James Pitts. Obituaries
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Six charged in Cedartown raid following lengthy investigation by the Polk County Drug Task Force. Arrests
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school football: Close win for Rome this Friday; tough starts for Model, Pepperell. Adairsville over Cass; Cedartown to edge Rockmart. Week 2
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Rome Braves continue Southern Division title hunt.
- Playoff tickets for Rome Braves now on sale; $5 for any seat if purchased in advance. Playoffs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Arizona.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening weekend of college football.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Joe Cook on the Coosa River Basin Initiative's River Revelry--A Biodiversity Bash from 6-10 p.m. Saturday at Heritage Park in downtown Rome.
- At 8:10 a.m: Dr. Brian Carroll, communication department chair at Berry College, on The death of Gawker Media and what it means for First Amendment expression in America, including radio talk shows.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Scott McCreless and Cheryl Bishop with updates on the two after-school meal programs the YMCA is starting thanks to a $25,000 grant from the Coca-Cola Foundation.