Today's first headlines and continuing news updates all day at www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Low to mid 90s at least through Saturday; 20%-30% rain chance. Weather
- Post-Labor Day kickoff as local parties prepare for Nov. 8 general election. Plus: County-by-county ballots, key election dates. Politics
- Heard on the Tweet (or other social media). Our own 'big chicken'? More Shorter sports changes? Mixed menus: Frog legs, Cajun dip, etouffee and Philly Cheese Steak. Buzz
- Remembering Shannen Ferry, former horticultural program director at Georgia Northwestern Technical College. Remembrance
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- John McClellan's high school picks: Ridgeland over Darlington, Cartersville to dominate Calhoun, close win for Rome. McClellan
- Latest high school polls: Rome no. 8 (5A); Darlington no. 4 (A private), Model no. 10 (AA). Cartersville no. 1 (4A) and Calhoun at no. 3 in 3A.
- Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Ridgeland cheerleader's great lip sync at Pepperell is catching on; will we see an encore as Darlington travels to Ridgeland this Friday?
- Rome Braves lose 5-3 to Augusta, lead down to half a game with seven to play.
- Playoff tickets for Rome Braves now on sale; $5 for any seat if purchased in advance. Playoffs
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Off today.
- Berry, Shorter counting down to opening day (night) this week.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- Please join our guests Monday including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Kevin Wall and Chris Lewis from the Knights of Columbus as the 49th Annual Labor Day Barbecue draws closer.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Mindy Quinn, marketing manager at Blood Assurance, on what the latest Zika testing means for donors and blood centers.